Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Syllabus / prerequisites

As promised, here is the syllabus.

This contains all of the official sorts of information you might need, feel free to comment here or email me if you have questions.

I may make minor changes as I discover errors, or find something is possibly unworkable; I will post any updates that are made.

The full course calendar should be up by tomorrow afternoon. All you need to do before Friday is have a look at the homework. I'll give you one hint: the problems get easier toward the bottom. More serious hints to follow in Friday.

* One of you mentioned today that you may be eligible for transfer credit for this course. Please remind me of this on Friday, and I will have more information for you.

** Some of you do not have the proper prerequisites. Math-wise, the math today was about as hard as it is going to get; if you followed along well enough, you will probably be fine in that regard. Physics-wise, if you do not have ph105 credit, you are almost certain to have graduation troubles down the road ... you can stay in ph106 if you feel comfortable, but keep in mind you may need to take ph105 anyway at some point. Please come see me to further clarify these issues; I have information on this topic.

No comments: